
This mom of three is knee-deep is "re-discovering" a pattern for life.
So, in order to not give in to overwhelming emotions, I'm focusing once again on the basics.
Many years ago, a wiser older woman was speaking to a group of us women and giving us a gentle, but very useful challenge. She actually timed herself while making her own bed in the morning.
30 seconds.
That's all it took. Now, we're all busy. Perhaps with too many "priorities" out of place, but who truly does not have the 30 seconds it takes to make a bed? I guarantee you, it's one habit that has helped me make my days much more productive. There's nothing to it when you stand up out of bed in the morning, turn around, fold up the covers and put the pillows back in place.
For this tired family, it means our bed and bedroom is calm and inviting (a holiday Bath & Body candle doesn't hurt either) so Andy and I can crash for a nap around 2pm when he comes home between class and work and when our girls are enjoying their rest time.
Sounds crazy right. It's not. Most people will say that when looking into a bedroom, if the bed is made, the room looks 90% cleaner. YOU feel that way too. It's such a small thing, but if you crave a house of order, start small and pass on the habit to your children.
Now, if any of you are good at ironing on a schedule, I'm coming to YOUR house to learn how. :)
3 comments:
:) it so true! My parents have had me making the bed everyday since I was 5 and I just can't not do it :)
and yay for BBW candles ;) <3
Ironing...what's ironing????
Laundry...every Monday and Friday
Ironing...When someone absolutely HAS to have it!!!Or when everyone of hubby's dress shirts in hanging in the ironing spot...and he is on his way out of town once again! That's my routine after 30 years...and I'm sticking to it! :)
Post a Comment